Our most frequently asked questions. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any more! Thanks :)
- Spend $30.00 dollars or more and we will give you an extra body soap or deodorant FREE!
- Just type in the notes which one would you like to have.
- EXCEPTIONS: Shampoos & conditioner soaps.
How long does your bar of soap last?
- On average our soaps last way over a month.
- You musk keep it on a soap dish, or dry between uses.
- Also it depends on how many showers you take.
Sometimes your soap looks different than the pic listed, Is that the same soap?
- Yes, we will always do our best to keep our recipes as close to the last made batch (unless improved) after all it is homemade. Colors, textures & scents may slightly vary from one batch to another.
How quickly will I get my products?
- SHIPPING ADDRESS: We will always ship to the address you provided. If there is a specific address other than provided, you would prefer me to ship to please let me know at checkout. I cannot be held responsible for incorrect addresses. This is your responsibility alone.
- We will process & ship your order between 1-2 days after receiving it (excluding holidays & weekends). We ship most orders (containing 3 or more products) Priority Mail *2-3 business days and orders with 1-2 items will ship First Class mail (3-5 business days). All tracking information will be provided in an email to you, once your order has been completed.
- We ship using USPS. Packages weighing 13 ounces or less will ship First Class Mail. Anything over 13 ounces will ship Priority Mail. I will utilize the flat rate shipping boxes whenever possible.
Why haven’t I received any emails confirming my order or shipping yet?
- Check your spam box. You should receive an email from us, confirming your order & then another email notifying you when your order is shipping with tracking information; if you have any questions regarding you order, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
What makes your soaps different than soap I can buy at the store?
- We use natural ingredients, including Essential Oils; No Fragrances, No Propylene Glycol, Propanediol or Synthetic Coloring, which can dry &/or irritate your skin. All our products are also made in small quantities to guarantee their quality & freshness.
How do you use your deodorants?
- Simply apply 1-2 swipes under clean arm; do not apply excessive pressure. This bar is a non-greasy deodorant bar, that gets activated by body heat; If you have any question please let us know firstname.lastname@example.org
How long do the deodorant bar last?
- When used properly the deodorant can last between 6-8 months, no lie!
How long do your natural deodorant they protects?
- They can hold up to 10 hours; again no lie..
Do natural deodorants stain clothes?
- Stains happen sometimes; it may be your body chemistry reacting to the product, or it might be the result of over-applying the deodorant, either way we got you covered
- Make a light paste of hydrogen peroxide & baking soda, rub into the stain, leave on for about 5-10 minutes, then launder as usual. (also you could use only baking soda or the peroxide by itself)
- Wearing looser fitting clothes prevents your skin & the deodorant from sticking, therefore causing build up & stains.
How different are your shampoo/soaps than your regular soaps, and can I use them in my hair too?
- The soap is ok to use on hair on occasion, a few times a week. The shampoo/soap have oils that are blended not only for hair care, but for beard maintenance as well; have you check them out yet?
How are your Conditioning Beard Oils & Conditioning Balms different than any other ones out there?
- We use Premium Oils, Pure Argan & Organic Essential Oils Only. We do not use salad oils or fragrances, which can dry &/or irritate your skin. All our products are also made in small quantities to order to guarantee their quality & freshness.
When I buy a beer soap (Beer Beard Shampoo)/product (beer oil-balm) will I smell like a brewery?
- Not at all! Beer hops are known to soothe irritated skin, they contain polyphenols known for being antibacterial, & amino acids that soften the skin and hair, delivering crazy suds, vitamins, and proteins.
Are bars of soap covered in germs?
- You bet; there are germs everywhere if you want to get technical, but it's very unlikely they will make you sick or cause a skin infection; "good" bacteria lives quite happily in the soap, that's why we get it wet, before we use it and even then is not of any concern, also you should allow the soap bar to dry between uses, making sure the natural bar lasts you longer.
- If you are sharing the bar with spouse or kids, not need to worry yourself about cooties, since you probably share many of the very same microorganisms anyway.
- Not matter what, there have been no detectable levels of bacteria left on the skin's surface after using a bar of soap.
Is there a proper way to wash your hands?
- Yeap! rinse off the bar, wash your hands well for 20-30 secs both sides, under your nails and up to your wrists just like if you were a doctor.
Why when I receive my soaps during humid weather conditions, some of the soaps and wrappers may be damp or wrinkled from the natural “sweat” of the soaps; Why is my soap wet in the packaging/ why does soap sweat?
- A quality bar of handmade soap will often “sweat” in humid weather due to the high content of natural humectants. A humectant is a substance that readily absorbs moisture from its surroundings.
- When natural soap sits out in humid conditions, the glycerin in the soap will draw the moisture out of the air and onto the soap. So the sweating is actually moisture from the air that the glycerin attracts, not moisture coming from inside the soap. The more humid the environment and the more humectants in the soap, the more likely you’ll experience this phenomenon; There is nothing wrong with your soap, it’s just the glycerin and other natural humectants doing their job.
Are rainforest and orangutan habitats being destroyed to grow palm fruits for The Red Palm Oil we use?
- NO. The region of Ecuador where this oil is grown, has numerous small family farms, averaging 10 hectares (about 25 acres). These subsistence farms were planted many years ago, & are now being worked by second and third generation farming families. As an organic farm,they have a very healthy environment for animal and plant life that blends with the surrounding forest.
- We also use OMNI Red Palm Oil or other organically produced palm oil which uses sustainable methods and comes from plantations that have not been established at the expense of tropical forests. These companies symbiotic goals are creating jobs, investing in the education and well-being of the local community, supporting projects to develop infrastructure such as water and energy supplies, roads, buildings, health systems, education and professional training.
How do I change or cancel my order?
- We do not normally accept order cancellations once an order has been processed at this time; however we are all human and if mistakes are made, feel free to email us.
- Please ensure that the correct shipping recipient and shipping address is included at the time the order is placed. We are not responsible for packages that do not have the proper delivery instructions once an order has been processed.
- If an order is returned to us, due to an undeliverable address, we will contact you to provide a valid mailing address. If an incorrect address is provided, we are not responsible for replacing the order, unless it is returned back to us. However, if an address is provided incorrectly and the USPS tracking info indicates ‘delivered’ we will not replace the package.
Do you accept returns?
- Due to the delicate nature of handcrafted products, unfortunately we are unable to return products. We put detailed descriptions on each item, so you know what you are buying and using, please read each product fully before buying. I do my best to give descriptions for each product. However if you are still unsure about the scent, I'd be happy to give a more simple description at request.
- There will be NO RETURNS on any items with the exception of items found to be damaged or defective, and to be determined on a “case-by-case” basis only. If the product you received is in fact damaged or was sent by mistake, I will gladly do my best to fix the problem (for more info on this please contact me).